June 11, 2009

Four Generations Will Gather


By the time you read this, I will be in Florida!

Mom turned 80 on May 21st and we are gathering the family for a reunion celebration. The last time we did this was for her 75th EarthStrong. Since that last big get-together, we have welcomed Ethan into the family and mourned the loss of Candace.

As there will be four generations of us and no one's home is large enough to hold us all, we rented a massive beach house in St Augustine, Florida for a week. My sisters and neice have done an amazing job of coordinating school, work and vacation schedules, conference calls and e-mails; all of which were kept secret from Mom until her actual EarthStrong. We told her about it on a family conference call. It was self-defense! We had to make sure she wasn't making other travel plans. (My pet name for her is "Miss Never-Stay-At-Home"!)

Thank you, Jah, for the blessing of a wise and Godly woman as my Mother. Thank you for my two brothers and my three sisters. Thank you, Jah, for my children and my grandchildren and my neices and nephews and my aunts and uncles. Thank you for our bonds of blood and family lineage. Thank you for letting me know where I come from, so I can help our coming generations find their paths into the future!

7 Shared Thoughts:

Betty BeadBug said...

I am so happy for you - to get to go and be with all of your family and to help you mom celebrate this milestone. If it wasn't a family reunion I would remind you that Florida and Georgia are not really that far apart....:-)

AuntieAnnie said...

Have a wonderful time with your family. We just celebrated my mother's 90th birthday.

BetteJo said...

Sounds wonderful! My family is not close at all and I admire families that are. I am sure you are having a fabulous time as we speak!

Kokopelli said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida, enjoying the reunion with your family!
I just returned from vacation and it was so great to be there again. Talk to you soon!

Bongo said...

sweeeeet :D
Enjoy your time ,
and to your mom i wish a very happy birthday :)

Leslie Rubio said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with you family-what a blessing to be able to get together in a reunion.

I miss you and would love to hear from you. I have been absent from blogging for a little while, but did post some photos of butterflies in my yard recently-God's creations truly are amazing.

Love you,
Leslie

Marie said...

You're lucky being part of a close family. I never knew about my Jamaican heritage until I made a concious effort to find my mother's Jamaican family a few years ago. Am I happy I did? Jury's still out:)