November 24, 2008

This Is What They Will Do

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE OF SURGICAL PROCEDURE BELOW! DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE TRAUMATIZED BY THE IMAGE.

So, this is what I will be doing on Tuesday.

First, they will be making an incision on the outside of of my ankle. They will insert a plate with 7-8 stabalizing screws thru the incision. Second, they will make another incision on the inside of my ankle and insert two (or more) cancellous screws into the bone.





I want to thank all of you who have shared comments, lifted me in prayer, sent emails and called to wish me well. Your prayers and positive energies will send healing out into the I-niverse to heal me and untold others.

Thank you, Jah, for your abundant blessings and the prayer warriors You have gathered on my behalf.

10 Shared Thoughts:

Di said...

I continue to pray for you.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Di,

Your loving prayers will help with my physical and emotional healing. This has been a very humbling experience.

I am looking for Jah's blessing that I know is in this somewhere.

Please pray unceasingly for me,

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Leslie Rubio said...

LR-Many prayers are being sent your way! It must be totally stressful this day before your surgery-which I'm sure will go well and you will be just fine!

I am overjoyed that they're able to put it all back together again and that you will be able to walk again too. Some are not so lucky.

I will pray for your healing and be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm sure that you will be just fine and will have a nice recovery time when you return-beading away the hours!

Tell your hubby hello for me and for Jackie and we wish him well in serving as your nurse/caretaker over the next several weeks!

Take care and make sure to let us all know how you are doing after the surgery as soon as your able!

Much LOVE always,

Leslie

The Beading Gem said...

Good luck with the surgery. We shall be thinking of you!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Leslie,

Thank you for you love, prayers and concerns. Rootsman has been by my side thru this entire ordeal. He has had to do EVERYTHING for me, since my mobility has been curtailed.

Jah blessed me with the perfect life partner!

Once I can get myself together after the surgery, I will let you know what's up. Nuff RASpect to Jackie!

Sistren Pearl,
Thanks for your I-tinual support. I got an email from Sistren Dagmar of KoKopelli Designs and she is so excited about your offer to feature her Beaded Angels!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Keeping you in my thoughts, sistren.

Be blessed!

Karin Bartimole said...

Dear Lady Roots,
I've been visiting you behind the scenes via Leslie and want you to know that I'm sending you prayers of smooth sailing through this complicated procedure and into your healing process. Having just been through back surgery and still in the recovery process myself, I know how blessed I've been in having the support of my on line companions - you obviously are being cared for from near, far, and high above!! There are so many lessons in these physical challenges that knock us off our feet and leave us flat. I know I have gone deeper and deeper into my appreciation for the fullness within that "flat" place even though I am not sure I would have chosen going through 3 back surgeries to get here :)
healing energy and blessings,
Krin

Bongo said...

oh , I'm sorry to hear that
i hope you are better now
bless you :)

my regards and prayers ,
Bongo

Patrick said...

Good luck on your recovery Lady Roots. And I thank your for commenting on my post the other day, thank you.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Karin,
Thanks for your visits. Isn't Leslie magnificent? I love her dearly! You are so right about the power of prayers and love, even when we may not know the source. I will pray that you recover fully from your back surgeries. Learning to fully depend on someone else for every little thing is so humbling. Please stop by again.

Sistren Bongo,
Welcome back! I've missed you and your silent twin. Thank you for your regards and your prayers.

Idren Patrick,
Thanks for the visit and the healing thoughts. When I read a post that touches me, I comment so the blogger will know they have reached someone. I try to respond to all comments left here so my readers will know how much they mean to me. I don't know why (or how), but I believe that one day I will be sitting down at a dining table with you, James, Clay and Jules talking about so many things. Don't know if it will be at your home in Newnan or at my home in Jamaica, but I feel strongly that it will come to pass one day. Jah will guide!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots