July 28, 2008

Graphic Shapes


A graphic bracelet beaded in opaque black and red seed beads. The square, circle and triangle segments are constructed in peyote stitch. The toggle is a dimensional triangle.

The ring is a peyote band with a peyote-stitched triangle as the focal point.

Right angle weave (RAW) is used to connect the three segments, but was not sturdy enough to connect the toggle. That is a point of greater stress and required the strength of a square stitch.



10 Shared Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Nice.

LADY ROOTS said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sistren,have a happy emancipendence weekend.Nuff respect!!

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Esteban,

I welcome you back, Honoured Idren. Fills my heart with joy that you took time to wish me well.

We are giving Thanks for our many freedoms and looking for ways to free ourselves from the shackles we have placed around our own necks.

I have read your comments on many blogs and wish you had a blog of your own. I'd be one of your repeat readers. I like how you think and how you express yourself.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Anonymous said...

Lady Roots, I hope you had an excellent weekend with family, et al.Thanks for reading my sundry comments on various blogs.With respect to not having a blog,I intend to develop one soon.I will keep you posted regarding this objective.Nuff respect!!

LADY ROOTS said...

Anon,

Yes, the weekend was family-focused and wonderful indeed!

If you are who I think you are (Honoured Idren Esteban), please do let me know as soon as you start blogging. I look forward to the pleasure of reading more of your writings.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Anonymous said...

YEs, that comment belongs to me. I inadvertently ommitted my name and I was not cognizant of it until I read your comment.My apologies!Concerning the question of developing a blog, I will be doing so in the medium term, and will definitely keep you posted.I have passed on some information to several of my female friends regarding your beautiful creations.They may be getting in touch with you. Nuff respect!!

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Esteban,

Thank you so much for telling your lady friends about my beadwork. I look forward to hearing from them.

Keep me posted on the blog progress.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Mjfontaine said...

this is really lovely beadwork you blog is so interesting too.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Marilyn, The Creative Healing Goddess,

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I am glad you enjoy both the blog and the beadwork. I've posted a few new pieces since this one.

Please come back for another visit soon.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots