September 1, 2008

Crystal Rondels

Ites, green and gold (red, green and yellow) crystal rondels are the design focal point for this set. The necklace, constructed of seed beads between bugle beads, is long enough to go over my head without a clasp. The pendant is made of the same beads and rondels.
The bracelet has two magnetic clasps, enclosed in beaded tubes.
The bangle was created with embellished tubular N'debele and tubular peyote stitches. For dimension and texture I used different sizes of black seed beads and bugle beads. The bangle holds it's shape because it is beaded around a large metal ring.

8 Shared Thoughts:

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

There's a bunch of beaded jewelry out there....but yours is head and shoulders above the rest!!! Beautiful work!
Blessings to you,
Cara Mia

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Cara Mia,

You could make my head swell with words like that! I am thrilled when my works touches someone.

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Please come back again soon and bring friends.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Clay Perry said...

hey thats good work! really nice, maybe we could trade some work!

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Clay,

Thanks for the compliment!

I wish more artisans were open to bartering. My skills/labours in exchange for your skills/labours without the distractions of money.

Do you do custom carvings?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

iriegal said...

What beautiful jewelry. I am trying to get into beading as well. In my area there are not any arts and craft that represent any island flava!

You have a wonderful blog. A good find.

Blessing..Onelove

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren IrieGal,

Thanks for the visit and the big up for my jewelry.

I began beading to make unique pieces for myself. I want to wear what is ME, not something mass produced that anyone can acquire.

Let me know if I can help you on your beading path.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Harvest Girl ~ said...

I love love love.. I will be there in Jan officially.. im going to have to get some pieces from you mama!!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Azmera Love,

Glad you like the beadwork. Link me when you reach Jamaica.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots