January 2, 2009

Gonna Get Some Mommy Love

I am so excited! My Mom is coming from Florida for a visit. My husband will drive to MoBay to get her from the airport. They share exclusive membership in their own "mutual admiration society". I am delighted that they love each other.

I have been in need of some Mommy Love recently. We've talked and e-mailed, but now we can hug and kiss and hold hands! My husband has been a blessing thru my recent trials, but nothing soothes like Mommy Love! Yes, I am a GrandMother, but I still need to get my Mommy Love, too!

At 79 years young (80 in May) my Mom is one of the coolest women I know. She survived an abusive marriage with her ability to love and forgive still intact. She got her first computer when she was in her 60's and now corresponds with folks from around the world. She also travels around the world!

If I ever decide to grow up, I want to be like my Mom.

This is a shot of what is on my bead board for now. A partially done N'Debele bracelt and one earring. I probably won't bead or blog much while Mom is here. I want to focus on being with her.

17 Shared Thoughts:

Di said...

How wonderful!!!!!! I think we ALL need Mommy love!!! My mom lives 2000 miles away and I miss her every single day!
Have a wonderful time with her!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Di,

I give daily thanks that my Mom is still alive. I depend on her so much for love and inspiration. She lives her faith and that inspires me to be better.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Anonymous said...

I am glad to say that my mom only lives ten kilometres away from me. So I can see her every day, if I like or if I need her. That's a blessing! And she is....just great. What else can I say.
Lady Roots, good to see, that you are beadig again. And say hello to your mom from me. Enjoy your time with her!

Morpheus Rablings said...

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~Honoré de Balzac

Walk Good

BetteJo said...

Oh I'm happy for you! Enjoy your visit - don't bother with us out here for goodness sake. :)

Leslie Rubio said...

LR-I'm so happy you are blessed with a wonderful Mommy that can come and visit with you and give you all the love that you need. I miss my Mommy so much-you're so lucky to have yours.

The beads are beautful-love the colors and the dangle of the earrings.
Enjoy your Mom visit!

Love always,
Leslie

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BetteJo,
I am going to savour every moment with her!
Bless Up,
Lady Roots

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Dagmar,
It must be great to be so close to your Mom! Don't ever take that for granted. I'll pass on your greeting to Mom when she arrives on Tuesday.

Idren Morpheus,
That is so true of my Mom! Her heart is filled with love and forgiveness. Thanks for stopping by again. And as soon as I can get up on my own two feet, I WILL WALK GOOD!

Sistren Leslie,
I can't imagine this world without my Mom in it. The phrase "motherless child" frightens me, even at my age. I want to take full advantage of every opportunity I have to be with her. She uplifts me!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

August Mayfield said...

Greetings Lady Roots

Your piece on Mommy Love warmed my heart. Thanks to you, my mum got a call from me. I just wanted to hear her voice.

August

The Beading Gem said...

Two wonderful pieces of news - your mum's coming and you're beading again! Enjoy your time with her.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Came over through Stunner's blog. Nice to meet another Jamaican blogger. Nice beadwork BTW. Happy New Year!

Beverly Herman said...

LADY ROOTS you were in my thoughts tonight. I am very happy that your Mom is coming to visit. It was so hard to leave my Mom and come back home after the holidays. She is always in my heart. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren August,
I am glad to have touched your heart in a way that encouraged you to call your Mum. Our life energies are multiplied when positive benefits come from our actions, thoughts or prayers. Thanks for letting me know this good thing happened!

Sistren Pearl,
Life on the Recovery Road is great! Today I feel boonoonoonoos(wonderfully and exceptionally beautiful) I got a fantastic night’s sleep (first in weeks), I finished two bracelets, the cast comes off next week and MOM ARRIVES ON TUESDAY! My life is great and getting better by the day. I give I-tinual thanks.

Idren Leon,
Welcome. Come, sit, mek wi reason together!

I am glad you like the beadwork. Must pop over and say thanks to Idren Stunner for being the path to your arrival here. Please come back again soon.

Sistren NEB,
When you share my joy at Mom’s arrival, it just magnifies the delight for me. Your recovery prayers are welcomed and needed. Cherish your Mom and make sure she knows it.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Ring by Ring Designs said...

How wonderful that your Mom is coming to see you.! (Also, that you still have her with you) I mis my Mom (and Dad) a lot even though they have been gone for over 20 years. Their teachings and examples live on in me and now I see in my children and grandchildren. It warms my heart when I hear my children (who knew them) comment on their grandparents. That applies to my parents and my husband's parents. We were both blessed.
Thoroughly enjoy your Moms visit!

iriegal said...

It is indeed good to have Mom around. My mom passed away 20 years ago, however I still miss her.

Your have wonderful bead work. I am starting to do that as well. Enjoy your visit with Mom. ONELOVE

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

You have an amazing mother, and that's why you are the way you are. Such an incredible blessing. :-) Enjoy your time with her.

Happy New Year!

Bless up!

Leslie Rubio said...

Hope you're enjoying your time with your Mom. Come over to my blog whenever you get a chance and pick up your award.

Love you,
leslie