April 30, 2009

Flat Spiral

Having made four netted pearls sets for Nurse M, I was not looking forward to beginning the fifth. I needed to do something with a different stitch before starting the next netted pearl set.

Thanks to the generosity of Sistren Pearl, a tutorial on her blog, Beading Gem's Journal, helped me to learn the flat spiral stitch. I didn't have enough bicone beads to complete a bracelet, so I used 3mm and 6mm faux pearls with opaque black seed beads. The toggle is a peyote tube embellished with faux pearls.
We can now colour the Sav project done! We went back on Wednesday so I could complete the staff training. The owner flew in from America, but didn't participate in the training session. Since she brought a manager's cheque for the full balance due, I'm happy!

We did go back to MarBlue for our date last Sunday. He had the grilled snapper and I chose the grilled mahi mahi. We both had organic salads and steamed vegetables. Good thing there wasn't anything chocolate on the menu, or I would have succumbed to the temptation. Again, a delightful evening with my husband and a delicious meal in a beautiful setting. Thank you, Jah, for allowing us to full-joy the bounty of your magnificent creation.

7 Shared Thoughts:

dochoamom said...

Dear Lady... The flat spiral is beautifully done. Now you can finish your last netted project. Glad you enjoyed your date...

Deb

SHIMI said...

hi
nice to be here

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Deb,
Thanks for visiting regularly. Flat spiral is going to be a stitch I use more often. I like the look and it works up quickly. I hope to have the netted set finished by the week. The date was just what my heart needed.

Idren Shimi,
Welcome from Malaysia to Jamaica! Please visit often and bring your friends along next time.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

The Beading Gem said...

I love what you did with the flat spiral stitch! Glad you shared this. It gladdens me that my post was of use. Pearl

Betty BeadBug said...

This is so pretty. I love your choice of colors. So glad that the job finished up nicely and I am glad that you had a great time on your date. Mahi mahi is a favorite of Clay's. I loved your interview on his blog...always nice to learn new things about your friends. xo

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pearl,
Thank you for sharing the tutorial that let me learn this new stitch. You will be seeing more pieces done with the flat spiral. I can see it becoming one of my favorite stitches. My next effort will be a three row flat spiral!

Sistren BBB Jules,
Need to link Idren Clay and thank him for the interview. I am glad you like this piece. Black and white is such a clean, classic look! My husband made sure our date was delightful! (Rub Patrick's head for me.)

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Kokopelli said...

How many sets do you have to make? The 5th is the last? This bracelet turns out beautiful! Thanks for linking the tutorial on Pearl's blog. Somehow I must have missed it.