March 16, 2009

Our First Date

Those of you who have been with me on the recovery road know that I have been celebrating a series of firsts.

Sunday we went on our first date. (No, the evening at Taino Cove was an outing for Mom, not a date!) After so many years together it is important to me that he still court me, woo me, date me, and romance me. OK, call it feminine ego if you must, but it is important to me!

We went to MarBlue in Calabash Bay, Treasure Beach for drinks and dinner.



Now to appreciate what a gift this was to me, you would have to understand my husband's reluctance to try new places to eat. You would think a man who owned a restaurant for so many years would be more adventurous in his dining, but he latches on to a place and we go there over and over and over again. To me, no matter how great the place, if you go too often, it looses it's appeal.

Well, it seems our favorite haunts are not wheelchair/walker accessable. So, this was my chance. I called MarBlue and spoke with Andrea, who with her husband, Axel own and operate the award-winning boutique resort.

After being assured that access would not be a problem, I made dinner reservations. I enjoy eating good food, but am by no means a foodie. All I can tell you is that I understand the many awards they have won! Delicious food, attentive service (without being smothering or cloying), romantic ambiance, soothing ocean view and gracious hosts make MarBlue a wonderful place for a first date with a man you have loved for 29 years!

Thanks, Andrea and Axel, for a lovely evening and a delicious meal. Nuff RAS-pect to Weston, also.

Thank you, Jah, for the gift of a husband who knows what is important to me!

14 Shared Thoughts:

Ring by Ring Designs said...

My husband likes to pretend he doesn't know what is important to me, but he does and always knows the right thing to say to spur me on if I get discouraged.
Aren't we lucky?

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Bev,

To make sure he knows what is important to me, I TELL HIM! Yes, we are lucky, indeed.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

BetteJo said...

Oh what a gorgeous place! I'm not sure but I'd think almost anything would taste good with that ambiance. Wonderful husband - glad you had a good time!

Betty BeadBug said...

I don't think it is ego at all. I think it is so smart1 In the everyday rush of things it is so easy to lose site of one another. You have to take that time to reconnect and just stop for a minute to find one another. Even just an hour to talk to one another with no interruptions can make a world of difference. I am blessed that my husband is fond of dates himself. Sometimes I get so busy I need him to remind me. :-) I'm glad you had a lovely date and even more glad that you are blessed with a lovely man.
xo

Bongo said...

Glad you had such a good time
and really nice place that i hope i would visit someday :)

have a good day ,
Bongo

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BetteJo,
It is a beautiful, restful, quiet, peaceful place. The food was delicious. Even my husband, who is stingy with compliments about restaurant cooking, said it was the best roast snapper he ever had.

Sistren BBB,
I believe that couples who have been together a long time need to find ways to keep love fresh and new. It is too easy to get caught up in LIFE and loose contact with the one who makes life livable. I am happy you have a husband who still asks you out on dates.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Bongo,
I hope both you and your silent twin can one day visit Jamaica and see why I love living here.
Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Leslie Rubio said...

That is just so nice to read. You 2 are a wonderful couple and I love that you communicate your thoughts so well to one another! Sounds like a lovely evening...maybe someday I'll get a chance to go there too!

Good to hear about your outing!
Love always,
Leslie

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Leslie,

We'll make reservations for dinner at MarBlue the next time you and Jackie come down to Jamaica! Are you still going to Mexico in May?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Pepper said...

that sounds awesome Lady Roots, I have to add that one to my list things to do

iriegal said...

He seems like a treasure. God gives us special people to partner in life.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pepper,
Yes, I’ve seen your list of things you want to do and places you want to see! Please add MarBlue to it! Well worth the trip from town. Maybe when LB comes home, the two of you can full-joy it together.

Sistren IrieGal,
A treasure indeed! We’ve faced some mighty struggles in our 29 years together, but we agreed that thru it all, we belong together. Jah is to be praised I-tinually!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Anonymous said...

You just gave me an idea for our next date. This would be one our first. btw, as you describe the place i think its really awesome. Im gonna plan ahead and prepare the place for our next date. thanks!

-andrew

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Andrew,

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I hope you come back soon and bring friends.

MarBlue would be a lovely place for your date. Let me know how you like it!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots