March 30, 2009

Mi Soon Come!

There probably won't be any new posts until I finish a project in Sav. (Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland) I start this week installing a point of sale/inventory management system for a retail electronics store. Once the installation and system setup is finished, staff training starts. Hopefully the project will be finished in two weeks.


It is about a two and a half hour drive from home to Sav. If you right click the image and open it in a new window you can see the route. We live about 15 minutes from Junction (in the lower right corner of the map). Follow the orange line from Junction, thru Top Hill, Southfield, Pedro Cross, Newell, Watchwell, Williamsfield, Pondside, Fullerswood, Black River, Hodges, Crawford, Scott's Cove, Whitehouse, Culloden, Auchindown, Belmont, Bluefields, Ferris Cross, Dunbar's Corner and finally into Sav.

Normally, I would go alone, do the work and return home. No problem! Now, my husband has to drive me there, wait while I do the work and then drive me home. Not fun for him! I will be so glad when I can drive again. I have been driving around in the back yard, but am not sure I can manage the challenging Jamaican road conditions alone just yet. Especially since I am still on crutches! Thank you, Jah, for a husband who will help me when I need his help.

Until I return, please pray for our safety as we travel back and forth between home and Sav over the next few weeks. Nuh vex tru mi nuh get unnu comments posted quik-quik. Mi soon come! (Don't be upset if I am tardy getting your comments posted. I will soon be back!)

8 Shared Thoughts:

Morpheus Rablings said...

Here is wishing you all the best for your safety.
Take Care of yourself
God Bless.

Unknown said...

Good journey, Roots Lady.
We used to say Sav-la-mar, now it's Sav? Praying for your safe return.
Til then, walk good.

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Morpheus,
Thank you for extending your best wishes for our safety. Jah guide!

Sistren Threadin' Along,
Thanks for the protection prayers. Pray I-tinually and unceasingly for our safe passages, our goings out and comings in. And yes, I too, remember when it was the more formal Savanna-la-Mar. Then it was shortened to Sav-la-Mar for many years. Now, most folks just say Sav. Like when Montego Bay became MoBay.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Betty BeadBug said...

I will keep you and your husband's travels in my prayers. I hope your job goes smoothly and you are back at home before you know it. Be safe and careful and hurry back to us. xo

BetteJo said...

Oh it's so nice to have someone to take care of you so well! But I'm thinking about how much better you will feel when you can get out there on your own again!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BBBJules,
I do appreci-love your prayers. Things went well yesterday. If things keep going so well, I should be able to have this wrapped up within two weeks as planned.

Sistren BetteJo,
Yes, I agree. I like that he is willing to help me when I need it, but it will be so much nicer when I am not dependant on that help. I am off the moon boot and into an aircast now. If I try to walk without the support of the aircast, my ankle throbs. But both the surgeon and the therapist are both pleased with my progress, so I am giving thanks.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Leslie Rubio said...

Prayers for safety being sent your way. Kudos to your hubby for ALL of his help. I am sure things are challenging for you both until you are completely healed, but thanks be to God for his love, care, comfort and healing that He has bestowed on you so far.

Love you,
Leslie

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Leslie,

Thanks for the prayers. And I am giving thanks for my healing and my husband! Isn’t he just wonderful? We still talk about the day we spent with you and J in Negril.

Your Autism Center mural is coming along beautifully!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots