April 23, 2009

Where Things Stand

The Sav project could be wrapped up in just one more visit. I'm waiting for authorization from the American-based owner, because I need to make sure I will get a cheque for the outstanding balance before I leave. I have another client in Sav who needs some minor customization work done and I'll be able to take care of both in one trip.

The physical therapist is on vacation for the month of April, so I am doing the exercises at home. When she left I was still relying heavily on the wheelchair and just learning to hobble about unsteadily with crutches. Now, I am getting pretty good at getting around on the crutches. Only something that takes a long time, like grocery shopping, still requires the wheelchair. I am working on rebuilding my stamina.

I still have one more set of netted faux pearls to complete for Nurse M. This will be the fifth set she has ordered. I probably won't post a picture, because the only difference in this last set will be the colour of the cross bead in the netting. The main colour will be an opaque black seed bead and the cross bead will be a silver-lined crystal seed bead. I am glad she is a repeat, satisfied customer, but I wish she was interested in something other than netted pearls.

On a happier note, I am glad to let you know I have driven to Mandeville twice this week. My husband went with me both times to ensure all went well. He has gotten even more protective since my fall. I thank Jah for a husband who looks out for my safety.

He looks out for my romantic needs as well. He has asked me on date for Sunday evening. I hope we go back to MarBlue! This time I am ordering the roasted snapper and steamed veggies. Dating my husband is good for my heart.

3 Shared Thoughts:

Ring by Ring Designs said...

I loved your netted pearls. I'm sure they will be loved in any color.
Enjoy your date with your husband.

BetteJo said...

Well, for someone who is still convalescing - you have a lot going on! Good for you!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Bev,
Thanks for the compliment on the netted pearls. I like them, too, but I was getting bored with doing them. But not bored with Nurse M's reaction each time I delivered a set to her. I am looking forward to our date.

Sistren BetteJo,
I find I am less prone to bouts of frustation-fueled depression if I stay busy. Life is good and going to get better! How're the yoga sessions going?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots