May 27, 2008

Equadorian Leaf Bracelet


This bracelet is from a design that is an adaptation of a Saraguro beading pattern. The August 2002 issue of Bead and Button magazine featured an elaborate beadwoven necklace that inspired Kelly Lightner to create the pattern for this bracelet.

The clasp is made from two acrylic buttons that I fastened back-to-back. The black accents on the buttons go well with the black seed beads. I am trying to figure out now if I have enough beads to make a matching anklet.

3 Shared Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lady Roots,

What a great choice, I love this bracelet pattern for its simplicity. You probably know that BeadAndButton.com has free online projects under the Projects tab. Enjoy!

Ann Dee Allen
Editor
Bead&Button magazine

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Ann,

Thank you so much for your visit and your kind words.

I am a long time fan of Bead & Button magazine and a relatively new fan of BeadAndButton.com.

I used one of the free online projects to learn Diane Fitzgerald's Zulu Flowerette stitch.

Each time I show a piece created from a Bead and Button article, I make sure to reference the issue date and the designer. Give credit where credit is due.

Thank you for upholding the standards of Sistren Alice Korach. Please stop by again soon.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

LADY ROOTS said...

So now I can scrape the egg off my face and take my foot out of my mouth...The free project was from Beading Daily, not Bead and Button.

Apologies to all concerned for my error.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots