February 25, 2009

Links of Loops

I bought these tortoise shell rings in a fabric store in Mandeville several years ago. When I bought them, I was attracted to the colour, but had no idea what I would do with them. I would take them out and look at them every so often waiting for inspiration to strike.
I used gold and silver-lined bronze seed beads to make right angle weave loops to link the rings together. One of the rings became the loop for the peyote toggle clasp.

The shot below lets you see the opening of the links a little better.

6 Shared Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's beautiful! I saw something similar done with Swarovski crystal squares and peyote stitch. I like that you used one ring for the clasp.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren D,

Thanks! I really liked how it turned out.

What a thrill it would be to have an opportunity to create with Swarovski crystals. For now, they are on my "When I Win The Lottery" list. So, I do what Jamaicans call "tun han', mek fashun". It means to take what you have and turn it into something fashionable.

I'm going to email some question to you about the patterns you sent.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Jules said...

I love it, I think it's fantastic.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Jules,
Thanks for the compliment. Glad you like the piece.
Bless Up,
Lady Roots

iriegal said...

That is so pretty. I am just starting but getting some ideas from you

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren IrieGal,
Which blog will you post your jewelry on? Glad to offer you some inspiration. How is Crystal?
Bless Up,
Lady Roots