April 19, 2009

Treasure Chest Jewels

The name for this set came from the tubes of "bead soup" used to make it. The ingredients of the bead soup mix included size 6-15 seed beads, E beads and bugle beads. If you click on the image to open it in another window, you will be able to see the colours better.

Eight N'debele beaded beads and one right angle weave-covered wooden bead make up the necklace. The nine beaded beads are on a gold toned neckwire I bought at Michael's in Dadeland Station the last time I was in Florida. I am waiting for a client for this set before adding the earring wires. The bracelet is done in N'debele stitch with brick stitch end tabs.

The focal bead on the necklace is a match to the beaded bead used as a toggle on the bracelet. I took a wooden bead as the base, coloured it with a permanent marker, glazed it with a golden polish, and then with seed beads and bugle beads created a right angle weave cage around it.

I've had to resort to scanned images because the digital camera has stopped speaking to me once again! If we resume a dialogue, I'll try to post better pictures.

9 Shared Thoughts:

AuntieAnnie said...

Very pretty

Casey M said...

So creative! I would have never guessed that was a wooden bead.

Francesca Romana ALEGI said...

I wonder how long does it take to make one of those wonderful jewels!
Greetings from Italy

Betty BeadBug said...

I love it! xo

LADY ROOTS said...

AuntieAnnie,
So glad you like it!

Sistren Casey M,
Usually I completly cover wooden beads with seed beads, but for some reason the muse said to leave the sides of the right angle weave cage open.

Sistren Francesca,
I worked on the N'debele beaded beads in between the multiple sets of netted pearls I did for the surgeon's wife. All together, I worked on this set about two months.

Sistren BBBJules,
I am so glad you love it! I love you, too! Idren Clay's blog pics were great. I loved the one with James, you and Patrick.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Betty BeadBug said...

I love you too. I am so glad you enjoyed the pictures. The boys are growing everyday - especially Patrick. He is as big as I am now! :-) xo

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BBBJules,

Please make sure your sons know how blessed they are to live with a Mother and Father who both love them and show that love by how they live their daily lives. I applaud you and Idren Clay for the sacrifices you make for Patrick and James. The world could use more loving parents like you two.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Kokopelli said...

What beauties, my friend! I love the beaded beads!
Also good to hear that you take one step after the other with your ankle.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Dagmar (Kokopelli),
I am so glad you like these pieces. I had a great time making the different beads for the necklace. Love and prayers from friends like you have made my recovery journey so much easier to bear.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots