April 6, 2009

Client Designed

This is the first time I have had a client completely design a set, then commission me to make it. She chose the AB noir seed beads and the glass pendant. Having seen many of the beading stitches I use, she selected right angle weave for the cross on the front of the pendant and the center of the band around it.

She chose the length of the peyote stitch chain. I did recommend the creation of the peyote tube bail, since it allows the pendant to move more freely on the chain. The toggle clasp is done in the peyote stitch, also.
The earrings are on 14ktgp earwires.

7 Shared Thoughts:

Betty BeadBug said...

Is it easier to have someone plan it all out for you, or harder? I like the idea but then again worry that I wouldn't be able to make it look exactly as they picture it.
I think the piece is lovely!
xo

BetteJo said...

Very pretty! I guess that's another option, having the client design the pieces. I'm guessing you gave them just what they were hoping for. :)

dochoamom said...

Really like this set. The idea of the cross on the glass pendant is great. You did very well on this one.

Deb

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BBBJules,
It was harder, because as you said, I was concerned about making her vision real. I'm glad you like it. She did, too!

Sistren BetteJo,
It did turn out well, didn't it? If I had chosen the beads I would have wanted another colour to go with the AB noir. I felt uneasy giving design control to someone else, but she liked the outcome.

Sistren Deb,
Thanks for the kind words! I am glad you like the set. The idea of putting the cross in front of the glass pendant was hers.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Kokopelli said...

How was your project in Sav?
I like that necklace! Seems you're a good team in designing and beading. I'm always in doubt if the customer would like what I make for him, but most of the times it worked.

Betty BeadBug said...

Just stopping by to wish you and yours a blessed Easter. Hope your job is going well and you will be home beading soon.

xo,
Jules

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Dagmar (Kokopelli),
The Sav project is going well. I installed the program files and established the corporate profile. I trained a clerk on how to input the inventory items. Once I am notified she has completed that, I will go back to Sav again for more on-site training. It is possible this project will lead to another one in Mandeville.

I am glad you like the necklace. Giving over design control to someone else isn’t easy for me. Clients have shown me an article of clothing and asked me to create something to go with it, but this was the first time the client made all the design choices. She was pleased, which is the most important point!

Sistren BBBJules,
Thank you for the Blessed Easter wishes. Our resurrected Saviour is our only hope for I-ternal salvation. Things are going well in Sav and I hope to be finished by the end of April.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots