May 16, 2009

Cultured Kulcha

A base of faux pearls stitched in right angle weave sports an embellishment of ites, green and gold (red, green and yellow) seed beads. The gold-toned clasp is connected to the bracelet with rings of clear seed beads. I like the feminine look and feel of this piece.


While finishing Nurse M's fifth netted pearl set, I swore I wouldn't do another one for at least a year. But about half way thru it, I begin to visualize it being done in different colours, rather than all the sides of the net being the same colour. This is the manifestation of that vision.

6 Shared Thoughts:

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

LR.
Nice piece as usual,looking forward to getting some of my own.

Nuff love.

dochoamom said...

Wow... love those colors... You certainly do have an eye for the colors... very spring/summery..

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren JaStu Sisterlocks,
Glad you like the work! Once my balance is good enough on the crutches to make it up the steps at Casa de Viola, we'll arrange another meeting in Mandeville. I have some locs adornments that I want you to see. I haven't posted them on the blog yet.

Sistren Deb (Dochoamom),
Glad you like the colours, but I can't take credit for them. Red, green and yellow are the colours of the Ethiopian flag. Thanks for being a Loyal Reader.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Ring by Ring Designs said...

Loving your inspirations. Particularly the second one. Those colors are very nice together. Getting along well on your crutches it seems. Progress.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Bev,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I'm glad you like the netted bangle.

In the house, on a flat surface, I can manage with only one crutch. Outside, the terrain is not level and my balance is still compromised, so I need both crutches. But I feel so grateful for the progress I've made over the past six months. I'm looking forward to writing a post about him taking me dancing. I miss it so much!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

elvira said...

it's very nice.. like it