November 10, 2008

Same Stitch, Different Beads

These bracelets show the impact of using different types and sizes of beads with the same stitch.
Angled brick stitch was used for both pieces. The smaller one was beaded with delica beads in a matte finish. The clasp is two snaps that are hidden in the design when worn. The larger one was beaded with size 8 seed beads in an opaque finish. The toggle clasp is a beaded bead.


I got a commission for a choker to match the seed bead bracelet. But since it is for a man, I will need to design a more masculine clasp.

Thank you, Jah, for giving me the gift of beading. I pray for the wearers of my jewelry, even tho I don't always know in advance who they may be. If it is a custom order, I raise their name in prayers as I bead their piece. I want the love and soul joy I feel while beading to be felt when my creations are worn.

5 Shared Thoughts:

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

sistren, u have been blessed with a wonderful and unique gift and are using it in a way that blesses its wearers, i'm sure. when i look at ur creations, i see more than mere adornments. there's such a deep spirituality to them that resonates with me. more power to u.

bless up!

Betty BeadBug said...

These are beautiful! I bead myself but have never gotten the hang of this. Makes me admire it all the more.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren N'Drea,
Thank you for letting me know the impact of my beadwork. I know the pieces I bead aren't 4 "everyone", but that's OK. Those who wear my jewelry should feel the loving energy of each piece.

I'm trying to find a creative way to photo the locks adornments I done. So far, I'm not satisfied with the results. But, Jah guides and I keep at it till I get it!

Sistren Jules,
Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment. Is there a way to see your beadwork?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Betty BeadBug said...

Ah, yes you can. You can go to Clay Perry's blog and click on the crickhollow studios link. You will find me and my work there. Thank you for your interest...it is very kind of you.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Jules,

Clicking over there now. I always love to see the work of other beaders. I hope you visit again.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots