October 28, 2007

Google AdSense Account Disabled

Time out for an ugly reality check.

I have been working diligently to build a valid readership for this blog. I have followed the steps recommended to build regular traffic flow to my blog. I have joined forums, read & commented on other blogs, added links to sites I would want my readers to enjoy, sent pings via Pingoat.com and technorati.com each time I update, and have added my blog URL to my email signature.

Watching my readership slowly, but steadily grow has been an accomplishment for me. Now I get a bucket of ice cold water dashed over my head. Recently I received an email from Google AdSense advising that my account has been disabled. This is part of their post:

"It has come to our attention that invalid clicks and/or impressions have been generated on the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google AdSense account. Please understand that this was a necessary step to protect the interests of AdWords advertisers.

As you may know, a publisher's site may not have invalid clicks or impressions on any ad(s), including but not limited to clicks and/or impressions generated by:

- a publisher on his own web pages
- a publisher encouraging others to click on his ads
- automated clicking or surfing programs, or any other deceptive
software
- a publisher altering any portion of the ad code or changing the
layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason

These or any other such activities that violate Google AdSense Terms
and Conditions and program polices may have led us to disable your
account."

I know that I have done nothing to violate the terms and conditions of their program, but am now at their mercy because you only get one appeal and if that is denied you are just kicked to the curb. End of discussion AND they keep all the money earned so far. It is frustrating to play by the rules and still be branded a cheater. I filled out the appeal form and am awaiting their response.

If anyone, in a misguided attempt to help me, has set up any type of automated clicking or surfing program on my behalf, please remove me from it. At an exchange rate of JA$71.15 to US$1, for every $5.00 dollars of Google ad revenue lost, that actually means a loss of $355.75 to me here in Jamaica. For someone without a job, that means a lot.

If you stop by one day and don't see the Google ads any more, you know my appeal was denied.

Thanks, Loyal Readers, for visiting, for reading, for commenting, for subscribing and for returning again.

5 Shared Thoughts:

IrieDiva said...

wow! hmmm
scary to think of, i wonder if they will tell you the exact reason it was disabled.

Anonymous said...

what? i dont overstand.

LADY ROOTS said...

**Sistren Irie Diva,

Thanks for the return visit. No, they haven't advised specifically what they deem the violation to be, only that one exists. It is like when you apply for a job and you are told you didn't get the job, but not told what you need to do to qualify so you can reapply. If they do not tell me what they think I did wrong, how can I stop doing it?

They have committed to reviewing my appeal and responding by close of business today (Oct 30th).

I will not let Google or anyone else diminish the pleasure I feel when my readers to stop by to visit. If Jah closes this income door, I know he will open a better door even wider for me.

**Caveman,

My dear loyal Idren Trevor.

So here's the deal...I signed up to have Google AdSense place ads relevant to my blog topics at various places on the blog, with the understanding that when my readers click on the ads, I get paid. Simple enough. I read their terms and conditions, knew I could and would comply, then registered.

I patiently worked all the steps of the agonizingly slow process to gain and build a loyal blog readership. Many days and weeks, I would get no clicks at all. But, the pennies were adding up. Then, out of the blue, I get a notice from Google Adsense that they have detected "suspicious" clicks that allows them to disable my ads and keep the money earned thus far.

OK, so like I tell all my GrandKids, no my dearest one, that isn't fair at all. But no one ever promised fair, did they?

So long as I remain faithful to Father Jah, He will remain faithful to me. Giving H.I.M. itinual thanks.

By the way, nice pic of the I and Empress on your site. (Had to go to Mandeville to use a PC at an internet cafe that has DSL. Mine at home too slow.)

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

IrieDiva said...

well do post an update please

Anonymous said...

"babylon system is a vampire" -robert nesta marley o.m.