June 13, 2008

More Pictures of Home

These plants are on the back verandah where we share our morning cup of coffee together after we come up from the gym.

This is a view thru a vine covered wall that encloses a private space just outside our master bedroom door. It looks out onto a pear (avocado) tree. Actually, it is two pear trees that just entwined at the bottom of the trunks, making it look like only one tree. When I look thru the circle, I can see all the way into the districts of Exton, Delightful, Junction and on up into south Manchester.

Akuaba dolls are a fertility icon. They are in several rooms thruout the house. I wonder if this is why we have thirteen grandchildren! These are on a side table near the front door.

When the fog rolls in like this everything seems to get very quiet. It usually comes in from the south, rolls across the valley, then slips silently away. This happened one afternoon about 4:30.
Jah has blessed us with a beautiful place to live. Don't you agree?

11 Shared Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I agree-jah has blessed you. Thank you for my eyes that I might see the beauty you offer. Blessed be to Jah forever.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jah has blessed you. Thank you for my eyes that I can see the beauty that you offer me.

LADY ROOTS said...

Welcome Anon,

Thank you for stopping by to visit. I hope you come again soon. Feel free to bring your friends with you the next time.

As beautiful as the pictures may seem, my camera skills just can't capture the full majesty of Jah's astounding creation! Every day I get to see another manifestation of Jah's love for His children.

"If I ever forget to give thanks, Jah, please remind me. If I ever get lost please find me." (M.H.)

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Miss S. said...

Wow, what an amazing view! {Sigh} I miss Jamaica.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Miss Shona,

Sorry for the delay in posting your thoughts. We were celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary in Treasure Beach and the blog wasn't on the priority list.

I am so delighted you stopped by for a visit and enjoyed the view. Jamaica is such a beautiful place that I wish everyone in the word could see it at least once.

When will you be back in Jamaica? Did you visit often when you lived in Florida?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Pepper said...

those are some gorgeous pics! makes me envy your space but what about lizards? that seems like lizard heaven!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pepper,

Glad you like the pics of home. In all the places I have lived over the years, I get the greatest enjoyment from this house. Maybe because I was allowed to design and decorate it myself.

As for the lizards...we have a standing agreement. If I shoo them and they are polite enough to run away, they survive. If they are bold enough to stare back in my face, they have to go. I call on Rootsman and he does lizard removal duty with only a laugh or two. (One of the many reasons he's still around after 26 years.)

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Pepper said...

LOL i love that story "with only a laff or two"

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pepper,

He learned a long time ago that it is not a good idea to try to scare me by shaking a lizard in my face.

I am glad he learns life lessons quickly.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Francesca Romana ALEGI said...

Dear sistren ROOTS: very beautiful pictures, wnderful place whereyou live, I wish I can come one day to visit you!
Greetings from Italy!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Francesca,

In the fullness of time!

The day is coming that you, your husband and your children will full-joy Jamaica's beauty first hand.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots