August 28, 2008

For Leslie

I recently met Leslie in Negril. She was vacationing from America with her fiancee. This was his first trip to Jamaica, while it was Leslie's tenth visit! She hopes he learns to love Jamaica as much as she does.

Leslie is an artistic soul. She loves flowers and she loves to laugh! Out loud! With enthusiasm! Her blog, Flowers of Life, can be seen by linking here.

She selected the semi-precious stones, oval peridots, and I chose the size 6 silver-lined clear and size 10 silver-lined green seed beads. The tab ends are brick stitched ending in a magnetic clasp. The band of the bracelet is embellished N'debele.

This shows the bracelet closed so you can see how the magnetic clasp is hidden inside the seed bead tube. It helps prevent the magnetic clasp from attaching itself to metal items like shopping carts, metal desks and stair railings.


One day when I hit the Lotto jackpot, I am going to commission Leslie to paint one of her beautiful murals on my back verandah!

7 Shared Thoughts:

Di said...

Ooooo, that's pretty!!

Are you going to be hit by the hurricane down there??

I just yesterday saw your message on my 101 things blog. I would be very interested in reading either of those 2 translations of the bible.

Ann (MobayDP) said...

That is so very pretty!

If you're in Jamaica, I sure hope you hold up o.k. in Gustave!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Di,
Thanks for sweet words. I love hearing that others are moved by my work. Sistren Leslie is such a beautiful person that it was easy to make a beautiful piece for her.
Yes, we are here in Jamaica and Gustav took an unexpected turn southward. Rain has been falling in thunderous waves for over 24 hours, non-stop. Jah is blessing and protecting us, our animals and our home. Give thanks! re:the Bible versions, you can easily get the Darby version on-line. You may have to do some searching to find the Holy Piby. Thanks for being a Loyal Reader!

Sistren Ann,
Thank you for the compliment. During the Olympics I didn't do much but watch, cheer and blog about our gold medals. Once it was over, I took time to catch up on blog reading and was shocked to read you were closing Mo Bay Day by Day. You have a keen eye for exquisite beauty in the ordinary. I wish you well in your righteous endeavors.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Pepper said...

thats lovely!

Leslie Rubio said...

Lady Roots- Just got back from NOLA-Sunday 10:03pm 8/31 and this is my 1st time seeing the beautiful bracelet. You are soooo talented! Thank you for the kind words also. You and I are soul sisters 4 ever! You are such a beautiful person and I love you. Thought of you at Cafe Du Monde- had a cafe a lait and beinget for you-well maybe 2!
I'm so glad you are safe from Gustav and that I got out of NOLA in time-it was a close call-on stand by for 2 different flights.
Been travelling all day long.

Jah Bless,
Leslie

Can't wait to see the bracelet up close. Thank you so much for making it for me-I feel honored and blessed to know you. Thanks for the blog mention too!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pepper,
So when are you going to let me design one for you?

Sistren Leslie,
Giving Jah thanks for your safety. I didn't like knowing that you were in New Orleans while Gustav was headed there. I am so glad to know you reached home safely.

I will be going to see Mom in Florida this weekend and will send the bracelet to you via registered mail from there. I love you, too!
Some links forged in love can never be broken.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Anonymous said...

How can I buy that bracelet? it's beautifull