August 25, 2008

Peyote Re-Do

Sometimes a piece begins life in one form and then later is transformed.


The original bracelet was my first attempt at chain maille. Very amaturish, but just enough to let me know that chain maille is not for me. I prefer the soothing movements of beading.

Two-drop peyote stitched segments were connected with base metal split rings. I wore it several times, got lots of compliments on it and then the split rings begin to show signs of rust. I removed the split rings and then the two side segments sat on my dresser top for months while I tried to design a way to reuse them in another bracelet.

This is how I did it. I two-drop peyote stitched six tubes of pearlescent white delicas for the focal piece.

I like the reincarnation! What do you think?

2 Shared Thoughts:

Jamaicanbeautyblog said...

Interesting stuff http://jamaicanbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Lady,

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I hope you come back soon and bring friends.

Are you the designer for revejeweljamaica?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots