December 20, 2008

Bountiful Basket

While recovering, I find myself struggling to remain in a positive frame of mind.

If not careful, while confined to the wheelchair, I tend to create lists of "what I can't do" or "what I miss". (showers, swimming in the ocean, dancing, standing face-to-face with my husband, working out with him in our gym, driving, walking from room to room in the house, I could go on and on)

Instead of whining, I am going to say Thank You, Jah, for bountiful blessings. We had the JA$750,000 required for the surgery and post-op care. I was lead to a doctor who sucessfully reconstructed my ankle. I am healing without major complications. I have received cards, calls, prayers, white light healing love, visits, e-mails and this bountiful basket of tangerines to remind me how very loved I am.

My husband has been magnificent thru this entire challenge. Not only has he cared for me in every way, but has done it with an amazing spirit of love. No bad face, no rolling of the eyes, no teet' kissin', not a sign of reluctance or repulsion. Once again, he's proven himself to be a KEEPER.

As I trod this path of recovery, let me remember to give I-tinual thanks to Jah, who blesses me in such abundance and who walks by my side.

9 Shared Thoughts:

BetteJo said...

. . . and maybe one of the best blessings - you will be well again and able to do all the things you miss. :)

Keep your chin up, it's a long haul but you can do it.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BetteJo,

I echo your prayer that I be blessed with wellness and the ability to do those things that I miss. I am also praying to come out on the other side of this dark valley as a better person than the one who entered it.

You delight me with your repeat visits, your encouragement and your advice on what to expect as I recover. Thank you!

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Ring by Ring Designs said...

I'm sure it gets discouraging but before you know it, you'll be back on your feet. Thank God, for good husbands (I have one like that too) Love your bountiful basket.

BetteJo said...

I hope it helps! When you're up to it - you can read how I broke mine. http://bettejosbeadcreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/february-fog.html
It's a small club we belong to. Whether we want to or not. :)

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Bev,
I am absorbing your words of encouragement. I agree we should give thanks for good husbands. They are rare, indeed!

Sistren BetteJo,
I have relived the fall in my mind several times, but when I try to write about it, I just start bawling. I did hear the bones break. I can't imagine going thru that alone, in the dark, ice, and fog like you did. You are a woman of courage.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Leslie Rubio said...

Everything happens for a reason and God has it all worked out. I'm sure it is difficult for you not being able to do all the daily things we all take for granted. And yet you are blessed with the love of your wonderful husband who is by your side every step of the way. Thanks be to God for that.

You will heal by the grace of God and with all the love that you deserve.

I'm thinking about you and know that I love you too!

Leslie

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Leslie,

Your love and friendship are a blessed gift!

Jah does have everything worked out. He has a life lesson for me to learn from this experience.

I give thanks many times during the day for my wonderful husband. He has shouldered so many burdens for me.

Give Jackie a great big Christmas hug and kiss for me.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

I give thanks to the Creator that you made it through. You're such a blessing to me and others. :-)

Pepper said...

aaaawwww i can only hope to one day have such a husband by my side

that is indeed a gorgeous basket,,,get well soon Lady R