December 15, 2008

Stumbling Around


Since coming home from surgery, I have not been able to sit upright for long periods of time. The blood pools in my foot and makes the ankle throb. I can use the laptop while reclining, but haven't figured out how to bead in a reclining posistion. YET.

So, I have just been stumbling around. For those of you just being introduced to StumbleUpon, it is a way outline your interests and then have websites, videos and graphics brought to you. You can give them a thumbs up if you like what you see, or a thumbs down if you don't want to see any more like it.

FAIR WARNING! IT CAN BECOME ADDICTIVE!

8 Shared Thoughts:

Leslie Rubio said...

Hello-LR-good to hear from you on my bloggie and good to know you're hanging in there. I understand about the pain.throbbing in your ankle when you put your foot down...when I was 21 I had both of my feet operated on at the same time-16 stitches in each foot-bunionectomy-to remove my bunions. The pain was incredible after the surgery-worse than having a baby in my opinion. Anyway, the hospital wanted to get me up and about right away and the next day said I could take a few steps...when I put my feet over the edge of the bed-the throbbing and pain I experienced-I still remember it very well-NO FUN AT ALL! So I can totally relate to what you're going through. ON a positive note-it does get better as time goes on. Not sure if you were given any excercises or were told to walk around some or to keep your ankle elevated... do whatever they told you to do even if it hurts really bad because it will allow for quicker healing.

I feel for you LR and you're in my prayers.

Lots of Love,
Leslie

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

Good to hear you, hope you are on the mend.
Take care and nuff blessings

BetteJo said...

I spent almost 6 weeks in a recliner with pillows under my leg to boot! Even slept on it for the first week! It gets better, honest.

I installed Stumble and lost an entire day to it. I uninstalled it the next day. A few weeks later I installed it again and now only use it in moderation. Had to punish myself to behave with it. :)

Hope you're not too stir crazy!!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Leslie,
The doctor's orders are to wear this hard fiberglass cast for four weeks with NO WEIGHT BEARING on the broken ankle. After that, they will determine if I am healed enough to start therapy. I am following orders, but am feeling the frustration of restricted mobility. Remember the day we swam together at Cosmo's in Negril? I miss being able to get in the ocean, the bathtub and the shower!
I love you and am so glad you are my friend?

Sistren JaStu Sisterlocks,
Thanks for stopping by again. I made it thru surgery and am on the path to recovery. Slow, frustrating and forcing me to slow down at a time I had planned to be very busy. But Jah knows best and I will follow His lead.

Sistren BetteJo,
Thanks for holding my hand thru this. It is good to have a guide on a rocky path. I feel so unproductive! Yes, I have had to use discipline to limit my Stumbling time, also.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Morpheus Rablings said...

Hi
I am not trying to be funny, but I saw this and wondered if you could get it made. It might work.
Walk Good

http://www.badbacks.com.au/shop/product/1897/197/laptop-laidback-v3-lightweight-portable-laptop-table

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Morpheus,

I wasn't laughing at all. I think those are some great ideas! Thanks for taking the time to check that out for me.

Since we have already spent over half a million JA$, I will probably have my husband make one for me, instead of ordering one. The retirement nest egg has taken a hard hit during all this. We had no insurance and had to pay everything up front before treatment.

But I know that Jah will provide for our needs; maybe not our wants, but certainly our needs.

I am so glad you visit me. Come back soon.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Pepper said...

i love stumble too...its been a while for me thom def when i get my new laptop, my machine now is too slow

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pepper,
I am glad you returned safely from Miami. Bet you don't Stumble much when LB is here.
Bless Up,
Lady Roots