March 11, 2009

Are You Smarter Than Your Right Foot?

This was sent to me by a beloved uncle who lives in America.

It originated from the office of an orthopaedic surgeon.

This is a mind-boggler. You will keep trying again and again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It's hard-wired in your brain!


1. Without anyone watching you (they will think you are GOOFY......) and while sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand.



Your foot will change direction. There's nothing you can do about it!

You and I both know how useless it is, but before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you haven't already done so.

5 Shared Thoughts:

Ring by Ring Designs said...

Isn't that the funniest thing! A friend sent that to me last week and I tried it on my 8 year old grandson. He was laughing so hard trying to do it. Great fun!

BetteJo said...

It's just one of those things people have to accept having no control over what-so-ever. Fun!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Bev,
I wonder if it would have held such fascination for me if I hadn't been going thru ankle rehab. What an inexpensive way to entertain our grandkids!

Sistren BetteJo,
Have you not noticed yet that I sooooo dislike relinquishing control? But you are right. It's fun to try. And, yes, I've tried it more than once.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I tried this years ago with my sports team. There was not a single person who could do it. We laughed so hard!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Dagmar (Kokopelli),

It's like trying to keep your eyes open when you sneeze. Can't be done, but we amuse ourselves by trying.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots