February 26, 2008

ICE In Your Cell Phone



Remember when I asked each of you to put I.C.E. in your cell phones? You probaby thought, OK, maybe I'll do that one day. But how many of you have actually done it? Please don't wait until it is too late.

I have written letters to the Editors of the Gleaner, the Observer and the Star asking them to pass this information on to their readers.

No, I don't think any of them ever published the letters, but in the February 24th Outlook Magazine in the Sunday Jamaica Gleaner there was a piece by Angela Philipps about this very subject!

EXERPT FROM MY ORIGINAL POST:
"...if you were unable to communicate with police or emergency medical personnel, how would they know which of the many numbers they should call?

Please add one more entry to your cell phone list. Use the initials ICE and the number of the person who should be contacted in case of an emergency. Use the entry ICE2, ICE3, etc for additional contact numbers."


Please, Loyal Readers, Ocassional Readers, and First Time Readers, take the time to do this with your own cell phone and then encourage a loved one to do it also.

2 Shared Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

We all have cell phones, but who you want to contact in emergencies may not be crystal clear. Nicknames I, too, was guilty of not having ICE numbers in my phone, but once I read ladyroots blog, I took 2 minutes and added all the ICE contacts. You never know when you will need this. Having ICE contacts is great and will hopefully catch on like wild fire. Thanks ladyroots for the great information you are putting on your site.

LADY ROOTS said...

Peaceful greetings, Anon,

Thanks for visiting! It is great to know that you have put ICE #s in your cell phone.

Now, please help a loved one do it for their cell phone.

Your kind words are appreciated and I hope you visit again.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots