February 7, 2008

Where I Live

I had to choose between images that were much too large to fit the page or these smaller thumbnails. To see a larger image in another window, click the thumbnails.


Someone asked me why, if my blog is an invitation to stop by and visit, I don't show you where I live. So, OK, this is where I live.


The Marcus Garvey lithograph on the wall is a limited edition print that was a gift from my husband.


These pictures were taken from the vantage point of the living room couch where I sit to do my beading. The wooden spiral staircase was built by Jacka, a childhood friend of my husband. Jacka is now working in the Cayman Islands. The staircase goes up to a wood-panelled loft where wall-to-wall bookcases are filled with books that I love to read and re-read.

Three wind chimes hang underneath the staircase and sing as the cool mountain breeze comes thru the open windows. Visitors from America and UK are often surprised that we don't even have screens on the windows. I like my fresh air!

If you want to see more pictures, let me know.

4 Shared Thoughts:

The Beading Gem said...

I could only see one picture - the spiral staircase. What a beautiful setup. It shows the artistic side of you. Thanks for letting me into your home.

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Pearl,
Thanks for the visit. Love having you stop by.

Sometimes when MediaFire is having server problems the pics don't display correctly. Usually a right click and select Show Picture will make it appear. Did the map show?

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

WALLACE said...

Hi Lady roots.
If i have understood well, These pictures belong to your home. If it is so., i have to say you that your home i like .
Recently i have read about your isle of Jamaica, ours manners and much more and i would like to visit in some moment of my life, though now i have two child daughters .
Regards and will continue reading you

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Wallace,

Yes, you are correct. The red dot on the map shows where in Jamaica our home is located and the other two pictures were taken inside our home.

Thanks for visiting via the blog. Regards to your wife and two daughters.

Hope you can bring the family to Jamaica one day.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots