March 21, 2008

For Idren Wallace From Spain

This is for you, Idren Wallace.

I promised Idren Wallace, my Loyal Reader from Spain, that I would to try to get a clearer shot of the bus restaurant that I drive past on my way into Mandeville. The original picture was taken as I was driving. Yes, I know, not the safest way to drive in Jamaica; one hand on the steering wheel and the other one holding the digital camera. This time I got out and took some closer shots.

Details will be easier to see if you click the picture to open a larger image in another window.





The bus seats were replaced with counter and chairs.





Under the arrow you can see the Emergency Exit sign. In the yellow circles are bottles of catsup and hot sauce. Unnu haffi see Grace dere pon di label dem, don't?. (Jamaicans will notice the labels of a local conglomerate, Grace Kennedy, on the catsup and hot sauce bottles.)




How would you like to have to change that back tire? It's actually a stack of wood. Did you notice the mango in the upper right corner?

I can't vouch for the quality of the food, but I give it nuff nuff Ras-pect (two thumbs up) for the creativity, the artistry and for recycling a gas-guzzling bus. Rather than another ugly rusting hulk on the roadside, it is an an eye-catching, viable enterprise.

I hope this was better, Idren Wallace.

2 Shared Thoughts:

WALLACE said...

Hi , lady roots, in first place, i'm very happy for your post dedicated to me.
Now, i know that when my family and me want to travel to Jamaica, i will visit this bus accompanied of you and your family, I think that would be nice .
From the concept of bloggers is very nice to have created friendship.
Besides, personally i practice english, because i don't speak english almost never, although in my enterprise is obligatory, i work in IBM do you know? . i think that yes.

Nothing anymore.

Regards from Spain, i'm very happy....heartily...

LADY ROOTS said...

Idren Wallace,

I am glad that I could make you happy with the post. Your repeat visits and the kind words you leave in your shared thoughts are welcomed gifts to me.

While a visit from Spain to Jamaica would be wonderful for your family, I don't think we will be eating at the bus restaurant together. But the thought was so very gracious.

I do not eat meat and my husband does not like to eat at what we call in Jamaica, "roadside cookshops". He is very picky about who prepares food for him.

Since I started blogging last year, I have made several blog friends. Haven't met any in person yet, but I have prayed for all of them to be safe and blessed.

Yes, I know the company, IBM? What kind of work do you do for them?

Regards to you, your wife, and to L & C,
Bless Up,
Lady Roots