August 8, 2007

Recycled Jewelry



This bracelet was made from buttons clipped off a business suit I wore in my former corporate life. During the early 80s most female managers were wearing boxy three piece man-tailored suits in an attempt to be accepted into the Old Boys Club. Since I knew that would NEVER happen for me, I did not make as great an effort to fit in. When I wear the bracelet now, I give thanks that I never have to wear another suit, or carry another briefcase to another corporate meeting. I am blessed to be able to live the life I do.

The artisians on these sights also use recycled materials to create useful and decorative items.

I love the comic book bracelet on this page.
http://www.greatgreengoods.com/category/green-jewelry/

Here I can't decide between the safety pin bracelet or the typewriter key bracelet. Love both!
http://www.eco-artware.com/catalog/bracelets.shtml

Check out the On The Road collection here.
http://www.junktojewels.com/index.html

Reuse everything you can to reduce the amount of waste going into our landfills. Our children, our future, our world deserves our best.

More recycled jewelry by Lady Roots

4 Shared Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is lovely. I have thought about getting more into making crafts.

LADY ROOTS said...

Thanks, Rose, for your visit and your kind words. What crafts interest you?
Lady Roots

The Beading Gem said...

Thanks for the review AND for leading me to your blog. I like your beadweaving. This button bracelet is so cool. May I write about it and you as a feature designer?

LADY ROOTS said...

Dear Beading Gem,

Quite welcome! Your site is incredible and I enjoyed writing the review. I would be honoured to be featured on your site. I have sent you an email directly. If you link back here and scroll down, you will see your Beading Gem link widget.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots